Thursday, November 1, 2007

Not So Happy Halloween


Yesterday was a hard day. I am sure you did not expect anyone in our family to say it was a fun, easy day. But as I drove home from Charleston between the tears I was trying with all my heart to find some positives in sending my son off to war. I thought of the blessing in just the past 24 hours…. One is I know that so many people love Jordan enough to send him notes of encouragement for his “going away book.” He was very touched by your notes of love. I gave it to him Tuesday night after dinner when we went back to the hotel. He read a few pages and said he would have to read it all later he just could not take it all in. It was the only time I saw him get emotional. He was the brave strong solider the remainder of the time.


Another blessing Tim and I talked about was how we thankful we were Jordan didn’t have children that would be with out a daddy for 6 months. Jordan had told us of the men going all but 3 were married with children. Jordan told us one of his best friends had a wife that would give birth to their first child while he is in Iraq. How sad he will miss that.


Another blessing that comes to mind so very often is my strong family and our love for each other. Jordan’s sisters, brothers, brothers-in-law, nieces, parents, grandparents and our dear sweet, sweet Lindsay will all love Jordan and each other through this… so many have no one.

One of the major blessings and answers to prayer yesterday was Jordan and I were talking and he told me his two best friends that were going with him were very strong Christian men. Wow that was such a wonderful feeling to know that was who my son will be with night and day 24/7 for the next 6 months. Yes it was hard, hard day for all of us and I know we will have more hard days but there were blessing too and I know there will be many more blessings in the hard days to come.

We love you all and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for lifting up Jordan and the many others that serve along side him in prayer daily.




-posted by Kathy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I left Jordan on Sunday, I have been so focused on how awful this situation is. Thank you for reminding me of all of the plus sides of Jordan's deployment. I'm so glad I have you all to help me through this. I love you all!!!

-Lindsay

Anonymous said...

You all are precious, precious people and will remain in my prayers. Love to you all, Jackie

Medic Mom said...

We are praying for Jordan and for your family. Our friends have a "prayer list" that we use to pray for the soldiers here who we know are deployed or will be soon - Jordan's name has been added as and we lift him up every chance we get!! I know we are from different branches of service, but we are Brothers in Christ and serve the same purpose. Keep your head down man and PRAY!
Cory Trotter (Christan's Husband)