Monday, November 5, 2007

First Update From Iraq

I've been able to talk to Jordan! He is safe on his Air Base. He was cracking me up, because he was complaining about all the sand there. He said…"You know how I feel about sand…and it is EVERYWHERE!” I told him, that maybe we will learn to love the sand so when he gets back, he will have a more enjoyable experiences at the beach. I asked if he felt safe. He said that he did and most of the time he forgot he was even in Iraq. I felt good about that. He said that he will be getting his mailing address soon. He sounded a lot better yesterday than when I talked to him on Friday. They did not arrive to the base until Saturday morning and they gave them Sunday off. He is in a tent with his two best friends, so he was extremely happy about that. He said that the base was HUGE and that the living conditions were good. He said the weather wasn’t too bad. It got a little hot during the day but nothing too bad. Today he is training and learning the base. He’s not sure when he will start patrolling the flight lines. I think this is all he said. The two times I have talked to him have been for only three minutes. They don’t give them a ton of time to talk, so that really frustrates me. But I’m thankful that I’ve been able to talk to him at all!

-posted by Lindsay

1 comment:

Medic Mom said...

I know it puts your mind at ease to know he is safe and doing well! This 6 months will FLY by, keep yourselves busy!