Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Psalm 91

I have claimed this psalm as God's promise to protect Jordan during his deployment. I am asking that as many people as possible join our family in reading this psalm and inserting Jordan's name in the appropriate places so that it becomes God's promise specifically for Jordan. Please read this psalm aloud, or to yourself if you absolutely can not read it aloud, but the power of speaking the words will give it that much more power, today and in the coming days as Jordan begins his deployment.


Jordan’s Psalm 91

Jordan, who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, "He is Jordan’s refuge and Jordan’s fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

Surely he will save Jordan from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

He will cover Jordan with his feathers,
and under his wings Jordan will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be Jordan’s shield and rampart.

Jordan will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,

nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

A thousand may fall at Jordan’s side,
ten thousand at Jordan’s right hand,
but it will not come near Jordan.

Jordan will only observe with his eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

If Jordan makes the Most High his dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

then no harm will befall Jordan,
no disaster will come near Jordan’s tent.

For he will command his angels concerning Jordan
to guard Jordan in all his ways;

they will lift Jordan up in their hands,
so that Jordan will not strike his foot against a stone.

Jordan will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
Jordan will trample the great lion and the serpent.

"Because Jordan loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect Jordan, for he acknowledges my name.

Jordan will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with Jordan in trouble,
I will deliver Jordan and honor him.

With long life will I satisfy Jordan
and show him my salvation."



-posted by Jaime

3 comments:

Megan said...

I will be praying for you and your family! God Bless!

Terri said...

Just wanted to let Jordan and his family know that my thoughts and prayers are with them while he is away. I know he will make GOD, his family and his country very proud. He has done so already by being strong and brave and by doing what he feels GOD needs for him to do. I have no doubt that GOD is gearing up some of his almighty angels to watch over and protect Jordan. God bless you all!
-Terri White

Jenn said...

God bless you Jordan! The Touseys are praying for you and your family. Thank you for going - we are very proud of you. We will be speaking Psalm 91 over you daily.

Love,
Tim, Jenn & Sam