Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Jordan's New Address

We have Jordan's new Iraqi address! This is a huge praise because we weren't sure how soon we would get to talk to him or get his address, and we already have both! God is good!

Every thing I have read about supporting our troops and first hand interviews with those who have been in Iraq says that the contact with people back home, whether they knew each other back home or not, makes all the difference. Even if you have never met Jordan, if you are reading this then you must care about him and what he is doing. Please commit to sending him several notes of encouragement over the next 6 months. I would love for him to get at least one piece of mail a day for the entirety of his deployment! Please share his address with anyone who would be willing to participate in supporting him. If you are a school or Sunday School teacher it would be a great project for your class to do and send in one large envelope.

I have a list of items that are permissible to send in care packages. I will post that soon. Right now, he would love just a piece of mail. I am not going to publish his address on here for security reasons, but email me and I would love to forward it to you. ( natenjme@aol.com )

I can't thank you enough for your prayers and emails and words of sweet encouragement. I have cried more in the last week than I think I have in my previous 26 years combined, but I have also had abundant peace that Jordan is going to be fine and that God's will is being done. Moma and Lindsay both have been troopers! They are both trusting in God and handling everything far better than I thought either of them would. God is good.

-posted by Jaime

No comments: