Thursday, June 7, 2007

Worry

God has chosen our family to go through this. Please pray that we will be able to set a Christian example and not let sinful worry rule our lives. The Lord graciously directed me this morning during my quite time to some sermon notes I took last year about worry.

-Worry reveals our unbelief in God’s faithfulness for tomorrow.

-Worry reveals our futile attempt to be sovereign.

-Worry reveals our lack of spiritual maturity.

-Worry is a serious sin.

-In order to combat worry, fix your eyes on God and His promises.

-Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.

-John 14:1, 27 …the peace I give is not like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

-Psalm 33:21 In him our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in his holy name.

-1 Peter 1:8 Though you do not see him, you trust him; and even now you are happy…

-Psalm 138:8 The Lord will work out his plans for my life…

-Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

It is absurd for us to think that we can accomplish anything with worry regarding this or any situation. The only way to handle it is with prayer and trust in God.


-posted by Jaime

1 comment:

Denise Travis said...

Hi, Jaime! You got the right blog! I put the link on my site.

Thank you for the notes on worry this morning! Having the verses right there helps me pray for you and your family!

Denise T.