Thursday, June 7, 2007

From A Mother's Heart

We want this site to be a group effort to encourage Jordan, to let him know how proud we are of him, and to let him know how much we love him. We want to let the world know to PRAY for Jordan everyday. We want everyone to have a place to come together to be updated on what is going on in the situation. But I am the Mama (or Ma as Jordan calls me) of this wonderful young man. He is in on my mind every second I am awake. He has been, as have all his brothers and sisters from the second they were conceived. Seldom is there a night that goes by that I don’t dream of one or more of them. But I am not telling any mother anything she does not already know and do. The Lord has given me the wonderful privilege of being Jordan's mother. I gave him back to the Lord many years ago, and have done it again many times over and over again.


Sunday afternoon June 3, 2007 for a moment I felt my world crash down. Jordan was going to Iraq. I never thought it would really happen. I really want to focus on “for a moment”. That moment was the devil! As I did many years ago, that night under the stars I again I gave this situation, and Jordan to the Lord. This is one I can not fix or stop. But I can lift Jordan and the many others in his situation up to our Lord and pray for their safety. This is what we are also asking you, our friends and family, to do for these brave men and women.


Jaime has been the wonderful big sister in this situation. She has worked hard on this site for Jordan, our family and Lindsay. I thank her from the bottom of my heart for this. I feel like I am repeating some of what she has already said, but this time is from a mama’s heart…. Jordan we are so proud of you, we love you so much and the Lord will hear from me daily on your behalf…Love Ma


-posted by Kathy

4 comments:

Meredith said...

To Jaime and all -
I am including Jordan and his unit in my prayers. Stephanie and I have a close cousin, Lindsey, whose husband is in Iraq on his second tour. The holidays without him are especially tough on our family, but I can tell you with sincerity that God has been present for all of us. He helps us through each day -- especially Lindsey, of course. Like you've said, worry is not of God; it's of the devil!
My prayers are with you all.

Denise Travis said...

Hi, Brown Family! I was just praying for Jordan and I remembered something that my cousin and his new bride did while he was stationed in Iraq. My cousin had to leave for Iraq just two months after he was married. He and his bride bought a daily devotional that they could do while they were away...this way they were connected to God and to each other.

Thinking about you!

Denise T.

Corrie said...

Praying for Jordan and all of you while he is gone!
~Corrie Kennette

Medic Mom said...

Jaime and family,
I have read your blogs and it brings tears to my eyes. As some of you know (and others may not), I am living the military life with my husband Cory. We are stationed in Texas at Fort Hood. We know that he will one day soon he will be deployed as well. This terrifies me. I pray for Jordan daily and all the other men and women who fight for our country. My heart goes out to Lindsay, for as the wife (girlfriend) in a soldiers life, we are called to be strong and take care of things while he is away. Please let her know that she will be in our prayers as well as you guys. I know you guys are so proud of Jordan and the choice he has made. May God be with him and those he is serving with. Please keep us in your prayers as well.
Christan