Wednesday, June 6, 2007

This is Really Happening...

This weekend Jordan came home to Duncan to tell his family what we all have feared for months. He is being deployed to Iraq in just a few weeks. We knew this was possible, but we prayed that it wouldn't become a reality. The sweet young man that we love with our whole hearts is being sent to war. War. He is ready to go, because it is his job.

No one considers war pleasant, but when it is your own flesh and blood that is laying his life on the line, it hits home, hard, and you understand that this is real and it happens to real people. I can't imagine how anyone can get through this without the comforting arms of the Lord carrying them. We are scared and maybe even mad that this is happening to our family, but we know that we have a Savior who has a plan. Please pray for Jordan's safety and strength. Pray for the people he will encounter, the government and military officials making decisions about the war, and for a quick resolve to these conflicts. Please also pray for our family and for Lindsay.

See, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too hard for me? (Jeremiah 32:27)



-posted by Jaime

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaime...I just don't even know where to begin! The only thing that is getting me through this awful situation is knowing that I have you all as my support system. My only comfort in this whole thing is knowing I can call you, Libby, or your mom at any moment and know we share all the same feelings and fears about this. Thank you for doing this for Jordan. It will mean the world to him! I can't tell you enough how thankful and proud I am to have wound up with my perfect Airman who belongs to the perfect family! I love you all!!!

Lindsay

Alison said...

Jordan,
This is Alison Graham (Towery). I have been reading Jamie's blog and I just want to let you know that I am praying for you and THANK you for serving our country. Thanks Jamie for keeping us updated.