Tuesday, August 28, 2007

An Update

I suppose it has been a while since there has been an update on this blog. I think the real reason it has been so long is that we are all attempting to ignore the inevitable event of Jordan’s departure.

Jordan is still scheduled to leave as planned on September 25th. He will depart from Charleston and head to the great state of Texas…AGAIN! As most of you know, he has gotten to know Texas quite well. He completed his BMT (Basic Military Training) as well as Security Forces Tech. School at the Lackland AFB in San Antonio. This time WE THINK he’ll be sent to El Paso for approximately thirty-eight days. If he’s not in El Paso, he’ll be sent to grace some other city of Texas with his presence. He’ll spend his time completing Detainee Op’s training so he’ll be ready to guard prisoners once he arrives in Afghanistan. I personally would rather him go through this training versus the convoy training we originally thought he would be sent to. He will then leave from Texas and head to Afghanistan around November 2nd. He is scheduled to spend six months in Afghanistan. With any luck he’ll leave early in the morning on November 2nd and return at night on November 3rd giving him just enough time to get there, turn around, and come home! The probability of that happening, however, is very very slim to none. We can always hope though!

Jordan is taking leave from August 31 – September 9. He’s choosing to spend this time visiting and relaxing with family and friends. His family and friends are choosing to spend this time loving him to death and cherishing each moment we have with him. There is no doubt in my mind that Jordan will certainly be spoiled during his leave. I know he’s really looking forward to it!

So that pretty much sums things up as of right now. Jaime and I will definitely keep you up to date on what’s happening with Jordan’s training and deployment. Like I said, this blog isn’t necessarily all that fun to update given the circumstances, but we will definitely keep you posted. Thanks for all of your love and prayers. Please keep them coming!


-posted by Lindsay

3 comments:

The Browns said...

Buttercup,
PERFECT!!! I knew you could nail the technical stuff and have more inside info than I do, plus you always convey your love for my little brother in the most precious way. As much as I hate updating that blog, the real reason I wanted you to do it is because i love reading what you write for it! We are all so lucky to have you in our lives, especially Airman First Class Jordan Layton.

Love you and miss you like crazy,
Jaime

Anonymous said...

I understand exactly what you are going through!! Texas is not a fun place, could you imagine living there? We do! I can't wait to get out of here. You guys are always in our thoughts and prayers. With any luck, my husband will be going to A'stan instead of Iraq in the Spring! Take it a day at a time. Cherish the time you have together! God bless you all!

Christan Trotter
Wife of Spc. Cory Trotter
Combat Medic
Fort Hood, Tx
US ARMY 1st ID 2-26

Kathy said...

Lindsay,
It is very hard to say much except that I love you both with all my heart. And you are so right when you said we are going to love him to pieces while he is here the next few days.

Kathy